Meet Burt Dubin
Creator of the
Speaking Success SystemTM
the early 1980s, Burt Dubin did a lot of speaking for the
Associated Management Institute, and learned first hand what
it means to be a professional speaker.
In 1984, shortly after joining the National Speakers Association, Burt heard Joseph Charbonneau, CSP, CPAE, speak at an National Speakers Association convention. Joe said, "If you want to be a master, study what the masters have done before you. Learn to do what they have done -- and have had the guts to do -- and you will be a master too."
This stimulated Burt to initiate an intensive study of what makes a speaker a master of professional speaking and started compiling everything he learned.
Burt found that platform skills are only 20 percent of success in the speaking business. The other 80 percent is positioning, packaging and promotion -- plus conceiving, committing to and living a magnificent mission.
Utilizing techniques derived from his findings, Burt built up to mid-four-figure fees.
In November 1988, Burt shared his techniques with an audience of professional speakers at a NSA meeting. After the presentation, many in the audience called and asked him to help them. To serve their needs, while he continued to speak, write and travel, he created The Speaking Success System, which has evolved to the huge body of knowledge that it is today.
For more information about Burt, click here.